Spicy Sriracha Meatballs
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 177 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place serrano peppers with cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has charred, 5 to 8 minutes. Immediately put peppers in a heatproof bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let sit until cool enough to handle, 5 to 10 minutes. Scrape the skins off with your fingers, core and seed chile peppers. Dice peppers.
- Cut rib-eye steak into thin slices. Chop slices finely. Transfer to a bowl. Add serrano peppers, egg, panko, sriracha sauce, ginger, salt, pepper, and lime zest. Wet your hands and form mixture into ping pong-sized balls.
- Coat a saute pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and sear both sides evenly, about 4 minutes. Pour in beer and soy sauce. Stir in peanut butter and reduce heat; simmer sauce until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Ground beef will work but impacts the flavor and texture.
- Regular bread crumbs will work too.
Per Serving: 177 calories; 11.2 g fat; 8.6 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 952 mg sodium. Full nutrition