Sophia's Spicy Sriracha Meatballs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Inspired by a more traditional recipe, I wanted to create an even more moist and spicy sriracha meatball. So easy to make, and great if you like food with a little kick. Many people wouldn't think to put in the oats, but I would almost say they are the secret ingredient. It's my new favorite, and I hope you enjoy it! Spoon meatballs and sauce over spaghetti."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 521
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Cook onion in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat until onion starts to sweat, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and let soften and brown while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl. Add oats, ricotta cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, banana peppers, Parmesan cheese, salsa, sriracha sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir until evenly combined. Add cooked onion last. Let meatball mixture sit to let the flavors marry and texture thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a jellyroll pan with aluminum foil; brush a layer of olive oil on top.
- Roll ground turkey mixture into balls and arrange on the jellyroll pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add meatballs; stir until covered in sauce. Simmer until flavors intensify, at least 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use a homemade tomato sauce, which is always great. If I am running short on time or ingredients, I like to simmer a jar of store-bought tomato sauce with about a 1/2 cup of chicken stock. I think it really enhances the flavors.
Per Serving: 521 calories; 21.5 44.3 37.8 192 916 Full nutrition