Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 428 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and jalapeno. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion appears translucent, about 4 minutes. Add tomato and garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add salsa and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add tortilla chips to the pan and stir until coated with sauce.
- Heat remaining oil in a separate pan over medium-high heat. Whisk eggs together and pour into the hot pan; cook until starting to set, about 2 minutes. Scrape cooked egg off the edges and fold into the center. Cook until eggs are halfway cooked but still runny, 2 to 3 minutes more. Fold into the tortilla chip mixture. Keep stirring to finish scrambling the eggs, about 2 minutes. Add Cotija cheese and turn off heat.
- Divide egg mixture onto plates. Garnish with avocado, cilantro, and sour cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of chips, you can cut up 6 to 10 tortillas and fry them up.
- Substitute Jack, Cheddar, or Oaxacan cheese for the Cotija, if preferred.
- Use 10 cherry tomatoes instead of a tomato, if desired.
Per Serving: 428 calories; 31.5 g fat; 24.1 g carbohydrates; 14.8 g protein; 253 mg cholesterol; 616 mg sodium. Full nutrition