Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 50 m servings 494
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Mix water, paprika, ras el hanout, black pepper, cinnamon, coriander, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and salt in a small bowl. Add red pepper flakes to the spice paste if you want more of a kick to your dish.
- Place lamb cubes in a large bowl and rub in the spice paste. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven. Add onions, shallot, garlic, and cinnamon sticks; saute for 6 to 8 minutes. Add lamb with the spice paste. Cover with chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add more stock if lamb looks dry.
- Add almonds, carrots, apricots, raisins, prunes, and honey to the Dutch oven. Simmer until lamb is completely tender, carrots are cooked, and almonds are slightly softened, 15 to 30 minutes more. Add lemon juice. Season with salt.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use lamb neck meat in addition to, or instead of, lamb shoulder if preferred.
- Substitute water for the chicken stock if preferred.
- If using a pressure cooker, cook for 25 to 35 minutes, then take off the lid and continue simmering on low heat.
Per Serving: 494 calories; 32.2 34.7 21.6 79 295 Full nutrition