Antalyan Piyaz for Ramadan
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 45 m servings 337 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Soak beans in a pot of water for 8 hours to overnight. Bring to a boil; cook on medium heat until soft, about 1 hour. Divide beans between 3 bowls; mix in tomatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place onions on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cooked beans in a bowl and crush into a pulp. Mix in oil, vinegar, tahini, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over the beans and tomatoes. Mix well. Decorate with eggs and a pile of parsley on top. Serve piyaz at room temperature with lemon slices and baked onion, or place a bite of piyaz into a sweet onion 'boat' to bring out the flavor. Squeeze lemon juice on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to put each bite of piyaz into a sweet onion 'boat;' it brings out the flavor.
- Feel free to used canned Northern beans instead of cooking raw beans.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 13.5 g fat; 42.3 g carbohydrates; 15.3 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 195 mg sodium. Full nutrition