Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 395
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix 1 teaspoon garlic paste, lemon juice, and salt together in a bowl. Place chicken breasts in a baking pan, spread evenly with the garlic mixture, and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Pour oil on marinated chicken in the baking pan. Add 1 cup water and cover baking pan with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Drain and reserve juices in a saucepan.
- Transfer baked chicken to the grill. Cook until grill marks have formed on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 cup water, remaining 2 teaspoons garlic paste, vinegar, tomato paste, paprika, black pepper, and ginger to the saucepan with the reserved chicken juices. Bring to a boil and cook sauce until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add additional tomato paste to reduce spiciness, if desired.
- Dip cooked chicken breasts into sauce and use remaining sauce as gravy for side dishes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- To make individual portions, divide gravy into four 2-ounce portion cups. Divide chicken and side dishes of rice and corn into 4 containers and add the portion cups of sauce.
Per Serving: 395 calories; 26.5 13.1 24.5 81 1039 Full nutrition