0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Italian sformato is a mixture of a savory flan and a souffle that can be made with different vegetables, but always has a lot of beaten eggs. It can be served as a side or a light main course."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 139
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread asparagus out in one layer. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven until asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute pancetta in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove asparagus from the oven. Cut off asparagus tips and set aside. Puree asparagus stalks in a blender.
- Reduce oven temperature to 315 degrees F (160 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan with butter and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer until foamy, 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully fold in milk, remaining Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Fold in pureed asparagus. Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Place asparagus tips on top in a decorative pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sformato is lightly browned and starts to pull away from the edges, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven, cool for a few minutes, and serve.
You might also like
Per Serving: 139 calories; 9.8 4 9.6 147 245 Full nutrition