Vegan Melanzane (Eggplant) Pasta Sauce
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 177 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, carrot, and garlic until onion is golden, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer; turn heat down to low. Continue simmering, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a separate pan over high heat. Fry eggplant slices in the hot oil until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Drain eggplant slices on paper towels.
- Mash the tomatoes in the saucepan using a fork for a less chunky texture. Remove from heat. Add eggplant and olives; stir gently to incorporate.
- Cook's Note:
- Non-vegans can add grated cheese in step 3 to add flavor and thickness.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 177 calories; 10.4 g fat; 21 g carbohydrates; 3.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 433 mg sodium. Full nutrition