Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 117
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 morels)
- Clean morels thoroughly, rinsing the insides as best as possible. Cut stem down to 1 inch to create a clear opening to insert stuffing.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, shaking frequently until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool; chop finely.
- Combine pine nuts, crabmeat, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, thyme, pepper, garlic powder in a food processor; pulse into a fine paste.
- Spoon crab paste into a heavy-duty plastic bag and snip off 1 corner with scissors. Pipe paste into morels.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with butter.
- Beat 2 egg whites in a bowl. Place bread crumbs in a second bowl. Roll stuffed morels in the egg whites, then coat evenly with bread crumbs. Place morels on the prepared baking sheet, leaving plenty of space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Flip morels and rotate the baking sheet every 5 minutes to ensure even baking. Serve while still warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I haven't tried substituting cream cheese for mayo yet, and I'd be curious what a little Old Bay Seasoning added in would taste like...
- Injection of the mix can be tough given the smaller diameter of a Morel's stem. I prefer to use a marinade injector without the needle, but a heavy duty baggie with the corner snipped could work as well.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 6.6 8.4 6.3 12 272 Full nutrition