Low-Fat Breakfast Muffins
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients42 m servings 131 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 standard muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Place cereal in a resealable plastic bag. Crush slightly with a rolling pin to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Mix crushed cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Stir in mashed bananas, milk, egg whites, applesauce, raisins, and chocolate chips until batter is just moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes in the pan before removing to a cooling rack. Serve warm if desired.
- Cook's Note:
- Use 2/3 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour if preferred.
Per Serving: 131 calories; 1.5 g fat; 27.6 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 179 mg sodium. Full nutrition