Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 226
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place carrots in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer until carrots are soft, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a blender. Add grated ginger and puree until very smooth. Drain out the juices.
- Combine sugar and butter together in a large bowl. Add egg whites, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in applesauce and vanilla extract. Stir in pureed carrot-ginger mixture. Add oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and allspice. Stir until just combined, but do not overmix. Fold in raisins, pineapple, coconut, and walnuts.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 12 to 14 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You should have about 1 cup of pureed carrots.
Per Serving: 226 calories; 12.1 28.5 3.6 20 216 Full nutrition