Smothered Pork Chops with Bourbon and Mushrooms
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 509
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place browned chops in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Wipe out any residual oil from the pan.
- Melt butter in the same pan over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and sugar. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Cover pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer mixture until onions are softened, about 10 minutes. Uncover pan and stir the mixture, scraping up browned bits from the bottom. Continue cooking onions for about 3 minutes more.
- Pour bourbon into the onion mixture; cook until mostly evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Add broth and cream; bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes; pour over the browned chops in the baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the pork reads 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Pork chops can be 8 to 10 ounces each.
Per Serving: 509 calories; 33.4 11.2 32.4 126 472 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Ingredients list is off quite a bit. Good recipe but bad directions. Too watery, too much cream and broth, too long cooking times means this has promise but your going to have to tweak the heck ...
Hubby couldn't stop saying how good this tasted & how much flavor it had. I baked it at 350 though & didn't let it cook after adding the bourbon until mostly evaporated. It reduced some, but wan...
This was stunning! I think the sauce could stand the addition of some corn starch to thicken it up, because as written it was a little thin for my tastes, but the flavors were so spectacular tha...