Miso Honey Chicken
Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 255
- Combine miso and honey in a bowl. Pour in rice vinegar, followed by hot sauce and salt. Whisk well until mostly smooth. Add chicken halves; cut 3 to 4 slashes into the legs and thighs. Toss chicken in the marinade until well coated. Refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours.
- Flip chicken over in the bowl. Sprinkle more kosher salt on top.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) over indirect heat. Add chicken and cover. Grill for 20 minutes and flip chicken over. Cover and grill for another 20 minutes. Brush the excess marinade on top. Cover again and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of each thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Plate chicken alongside lemon wedges sprinkled with cayenne pepper. Squeeze some spicy lemon over the chicken as you cut it up.
- Chef's Notes:
- You can substitute kosher salt with about 2 teaspoon fine salt.
- Cooking over indirect heat prevents the chicken from burning too much. To achieve this, I used a foil-wrapped ceramic heat diffuser in my grill. If using a regular grill, just place the coals on 1 side and chicken on the other.
Per Serving: 255 calories; 13.1 6.9 26.5 102 1119 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I really enjoyed this simple and tasty recipe for cooking a whole chicken. It's a unique flavor that's tangy, savory, and different from any other marinade I've ever had. I couldn't get the co...
I have made this many time I have cooked it in a pan, in the oven , and finally on the grill I have to say my favorite way to cook it was on the grill. Everyone loves this dish even my kids beca...
This recipe is a keeper! I was surprised at how delicious this turned out to be because the ingredients are few and prep was easy and quick. I did not make any changes. Thank you Chef John :)
We really loved this. I did not make any changes and it was amazing. Simple, flavorful, and the meat was so juicy and tender.