Miso Honey Chicken
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 255 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 whole chicken)
- Combine miso and honey in a bowl. Pour in rice vinegar, followed by hot sauce and salt. Whisk well until mostly smooth. Add chicken halves; cut 3 to 4 slashes into the legs and thighs. Toss chicken in the marinade until well coated. Refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours.
- Flip chicken over in the bowl. Sprinkle more kosher salt on top.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) over indirect heat. Add chicken and cover. Grill for 20 minutes and flip chicken over. Cover and grill for another 20 minutes. Brush the excess marinade on top. Cover again and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of each thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Plate chicken alongside lemon wedges sprinkled with cayenne pepper. Squeeze some spicy lemon over the chicken as you cut it up.
- Chef's Notes:
- You can substitute kosher salt with about 2 teaspoon fine salt.
- Cooking over indirect heat prevents the chicken from burning too much. To achieve this, I used a foil-wrapped ceramic heat diffuser in my grill. If using a regular grill, just place the coals on 1 side and chicken on the other.
Per Serving: 255 calories; 13.1 g fat; 6.9 g carbohydrates; 26.5 g protein; 102 mg cholesterol; 1119 mg sodium. Full nutrition