Chicken Fajita Tortilla Cups
made it | 0 reviews |
"If you like to impress when you cook, these are the appetizers for you. Perfect finger food for a small gathering, a work potluck or my favorite, a Cinco de Mayo party. These require a little bit of work to prepare, but are fun, festive and worth it. Garnish with sour cream if desired. I have served just as an appetizer with chips and salsa or along with my sour cream chicken enchiladas. Good with beer and/or margaritas."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 126 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 tortilla cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut each tortilla into a 6-inch square using a pizza cutter. Cut each 6-inch square into four 3-inch squares, making 24 total. Use kitchen scissors to cut a 1-inch slit from each corner.
- Brush garlic oil over both sides of the tortilla squares. Press squares into a mini muffin tin to create small, pointed tortilla cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken and fajita seasoning; stir until blended. Remove from heat and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Combine avocado and tomatoes in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and garlic; stir to blend. Add the cooled chicken mixture and stir again until blended.
- Spoon mixture into the tortilla cups. Serve immediately while tortilla cups are still crispy, or refrigerate for the next day.
- Cook's Notes:
- Do not use seasoned grilled chicken strips.
- Obviously, all ingredients inside these shells are optional. The shells themselves make these have such a presence regardless of where or why they are being served. The filling is delicious as I've made them, but experiment according to your own tastes
Per Serving: 126 calories; 6.9 g fat; 11.1 g carbohydrates; 5.3 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 205 mg sodium. Full nutrition