Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 648
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. With a fork, pierce squash halves several times. Rub the inside of the halves with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, arrange squash, flesh side down. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage, red pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is browned and pepper and onion are crisp-tender.
- Cool baked squash slightly. Shred insides with a fork. Add spaghetti squash to skillet and cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, carefully stir in pesto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving: 648 calories; 51.8 24.1 21.7 76 1343 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The best Spaghetti Squash, pesto and sausage I ever tasted! So easy to make too. I substituted the beef sausage for Hillshire Turkey sausage and used all natural pesto. My kids who are very pick...
This was an easy, yummy, dinner. Even my finicky husband, who usually just wants a salad and a burger really liked it. I’ll be making it again.
Absolutely terrific. Made it exactly by the recipe. I would not change a thing. The spaghetti squash was very light and different from other dishes calling for angel hair or other pasta. Excell...