Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 121
- Cut cream cheese lengthwise into 4 pieces. Place on a plate and freeze 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut sausage crosswise into 4 portions. To create a pocket, cut each portion, lengthwise, three-fourths of the way through.
- Place cream cheese pieces in the opening of each sausage portion. Then stuff each opening with half of a jalapeno.
- Wrap a slice of uncooked bacon around each stuffed sausage and secure bacon with toothpicks as needed.
- In a charcoal grill, arrange medium coals around the edge of the grill. Place a drip pan in the center of the grill. Place sausage, slit-side down, on a grill rack over the drip pan. Cover and grill 25 minutes or until sausage is browned and bacon is cooked through, turning (to slit-side up) halfway through grilling.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Cut each sausage into 4 portions and serve with toothpicks as appetizers.
- Cook's Note:
- When working with fresh chiles, wear rubber gloves or disposable plastic gloves, or cover your hands with small plastic bags. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and hot water. If you get some of the oils in your eyes, flush them with cool water. Oils from chiles can transfer to knives and cutting surfaces, so wash tools and surfaces with hot, soapy water after use to prevent the oils from transferring to other foods.
Per Serving: 121 calories; 10.5 1.7 4.5 26 285 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Super smokey and delicious with added twist. I prepared as described. Rather than BBQ, I placed in an electric smoker using 50:50 mix of Apple and pecan pellets in a pellet tube (available thru ...
These were so good! My husband agrees that we will make these again. They are really good sliced up cold as an appetizer as well.
I made these, however, I used "Zumo" brand sausage instead.