Ingredients5 h 46 m servings 549
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until just browned.
- In a very large bowl, combine onion mixture, bread cubes, sausage, 2 1/2 cups cheese, and parsley. Transfer mixture to a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt, and black pepper. Pour evenly over the bread mixture. Press lightly with the back of a large spoon to moisten all of the ingredients. Cover with foil. Chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 to 35 minutes more.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Let stand 15 minutes; serve warm. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Per Serving: 549 calories; 36.3 30.1 24.3 201 1096 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Since it was the first time I tried this recipe, I made it exactly as it was written. It was fabulous! The flavors of the peppers, onion, garlic, and sausage infused the bread with deliciousne...
I made this exactly as written and my husband and I both loved it. The only thing that was different was that I baked it for about 90 minutes, perhaps because of the altitude here in Denver.