Cong You Bing (Chinese Scallion Pancakes)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 150 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 scallion pancakes)
- Combine flour, water, 1 teaspoon oil, and salt in a large bowl. Knead until well combined. Cover and set aside until dough is soft but not wet and sticky, 10 to 15 minutes. Add more flour if needed.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch-long strip about 2 inches thick.
- Sprinkle the dough with green onions and sesame oil. Roll each strip into a spiral, pinching the end to prevent unrolling.
- Flatten each spiral with a rolling pin to create a disk-shaped pancake about 5 inches wide.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Fry each scallion pancake until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- Dip these in a sauce made of 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/8 teaspoon garlic, and chili paste/oil to taste.
Per Serving: 150 calories; 3.5 g fat; 25.9 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 79 mg sodium. Full nutrition