Sweet Potato Pan Dumplings with Bacon Butter
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 323
- Place sweet potato on a microwave-safe plate. Poke holes all over and microwave until completely tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool briefly.
- Cut sweet potato in half and scoop flesh into a bowl. Mash thoroughly while still warm. Add egg, goat cheese, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt. Whisk until well combined. Add flour; mix with a spatula until no dry spots remain. Cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook and stir until bacon is just starting to crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fry 5 dumplings at a time in the hot butter until golden brown and crusty, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining dumplings. Plate the dumplings and top each serving with some bacon butter.
- Chef's Notes:
- My sweet potato weighed about 12 ounces.
- To make your own self-rising flour, for every cup of all-purpose flour add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon fine table salt.
- Feel free to substitute cream cheese or fromage blanc for the goat cheese.
Per Serving: 323 calories; 15.2 35.2 11.4 83 600 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made the recipe/video as shown. I just didn't have any bacon. Sorry. THEY ARE AWESOME even without the bacon! I love that I can make them the night before and then add the egg just before ...
I use this recipe and make it quite often, I’m fairly lazy so instead of doing the pan dumpling part I cook this recipe as waffles in a waffle iron. I serve it with baked chicken thighs, a salla...
I made this with baked russet potatoes and cream cheese. It did not need much of the flour mixture as it was quite dry already and when I do it again I will remove the bacon prior to frying the ...
Basically potato pancakes with sweet potatoes. The addition of the cheese is a nice one although I couldn't taste that it was goat cheese so I will probably just use cream cheese in the future. ...