Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 180
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 10 minutes. Add egg, egg white, oil, and vinegar; whisk until well combined.
- Grease a 2-pound loaf pan.
- Sift flour and xanthan gum into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on low speed. Gradually mix in yeast mixture. Increase speed to medium and mix until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Carefully tip the loaf out onto a work surface and gently tap the bottom; if it sounds hollow, it is done. Cover with a towel and let cool before slicing.
Per Serving: 180 calories; 7.1 26.8 5 23 46 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Brilliant recipe. I mixed mine in my Magimix - and then baked it in my Airfryer for 18 minutes at 190° - it was light and airy with a lovely crust and honestly was the closest to “normal” bread...
Not so great IMO. I even added a teaspoon or so of both sugar and salt since I knew it would be a complete & total bust without it. It dried out within a day or so even though the loaves were ...
I couldn't believe there was no salt in this bread, so I added a half tsp. salt, plus a tsp. of sugar. Loaf was very pale on top. I turned on broiler for a couple of minutes to make it more attr...
This bread was super easy to make. Mine did not brown as nicely as pictured, baked it an extra 15 minutes, still came out fairly pale. Happy with the consistency, but lacked flavor. I'm not much...