Chocolate Beet Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 448 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Place beets in a pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove skin and puree beets in a blender or food processor.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add unsweetened chocolate and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat sugar and eggs together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Add the melted chocolate, beets, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Stir the flour mixture and chocolate chips into the beet mixture just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 448 calories; 25.5 g fat; 55 g carbohydrates; 6.3 g protein; 87 mg cholesterol; 830 mg sodium. Full nutrition