Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 105
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Rinse roast under cold running water to wet exterior. Pat dry. Use a brush or paper towel to spread Worcestershire sauce evenly over the exterior. Season roast with pepper, salt, steak seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder on all sides.
- Place roast fat-side up into a shallow roasting pan and place on the middle rack in the oven.
- Roast in the preheated oven until cooked to desired doneness, 20 minutes for medium, 24 minutes for medium-well, or 28 minutes for well done. Turn off the oven and leave roast in the oven, without opening the door, for an additional 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes to allow juices to settle back down into the roast. Slice thinly and serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any kind of pork rub, like McCormick® Backyard Brick Oven Rub, or your favorite homemade rub!
- I like to put the roast on a metal cooling rack inside a roasting pan to allow juices to drip and more evenly cook on the bottom.
- To calculate the active cooking time at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C), count 10 minutes per pound for medium, 12 minutes per pound for medium-well, and 14 minutes per pound for well done. After turning off the oven, leave the roast inside for 20 minutes per pound.
Per Serving: 105 calories; 4.4 2.5 13.2 40 441 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I have been making pork roast with this method for years! It is absolutely moist & delicious Every Time! I usually cook fat side up for 5 1/2 minutes per pound at highest temp oven can handle....
my wife loved it and so did i !! i will be making it again . and i will try other rubs to change it up
I covered the roast with seasoning and placed it in a ziploc for a few hours before cooking it. I use the same technique to roast chicken and it always comes out good. This is quicky and easy. I...
I'm not really a pork fan but this is absolutely wonderful! I used a cheap dry rub and it turned out perfectly!
Made this with a dry rub and horseradish. This came out moist ont the inside with a nice outer crust. Absolutely delicious!