Country Breakfast Burritos
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Courtney Lynn Hernandez
"Country gravy, bacon, sausage, onion, cheese, egg, and Tater Tots® wrapped in a burrito. Our 2-year-old loves Tater Tots® and frozen Jimmy Dean® turkey sausage links so much that we buy them both in bulk at Costco. My family also loves bacon, so we buy pre-cooked bacon to cut down on the fat. Our meal ultimately cost only $2.75 per person."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 636
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 burritos)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; warm over medium-high heat. Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Pour into the skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange potato nuggets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 17 to 19 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine green onions and butter in a cold saucepan.
- Remove sausage links from plastic pouches. Place on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave until heated through, 60 to 65 seconds.
- Cut sausages into small pieces and add to the onion-butter mixture; add bacon. Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Stir slowly, adding a few spoonfuls of flour at a time, until mixture becomes a paste. Slowly drizzle in milk while mixing constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until a thick gravy is formed, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Lay a tortilla on a microwave-safe plate. Place 2 slices Cheddar cheese down the middle of the tortilla. Spoon 1/4 of the scrambled eggs over the cheese. Add about 5 potato nuggets. Microwave until heated through, about 20 seconds. Spoon the gravy down the middle of the burrito. Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds more. Roll 1 of the opposing edges around the filling while burrito is still warm. Assemble 3 more burritos with remaining ingredients.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for cooking the sausage are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 636 calories; 39.7 29.9 43 308 1535 Full nutrition