Instant Pot® Chili
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 363
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add ground beef. Cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Transfer cooked beef to a separate container.
- Pour oil into the Instant Pot(R) and select Saute function. Add onion, garlic, and salt. Cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Make a hole in the center of the mixture and add chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Let spices sit for 30 seconds, then stir into the onion. Return cooked beef to the pot and add water. Stir, being sure to scrape any browned bits from the bottom.
- Stir beans, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste into the beef mixture. Close and lock the lid. Select Chili function and set the timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any kind of canned beans you like. You can substitute tomato sauce for the crushed tomatoes.
- To save preparation time, I do the following the night before: Brown the beef, drain, and place in a covered container in the refrigerator. Chop the onion and place in a covered container in the refrigerator. Measure the spices and place in a covered container.
Per Serving: 363 calories; 10.6 45.1 25.1 40 838 Full nutrition