Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 95 cals
Original recipe yields 32 servings (32 poppers)
- Whisk milk and instant pudding mix together in a bowl for 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium pot to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Unroll dough and cut each biscuit into quarters using a pizza cutter. Roll each quarter into a ball. Place 4 balls into the hot oil and cook until golden on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cooked poppers to a wire rack. Break 1 popper open to confirm they are completely cooked inside. Repeat with remaining biscuit dough balls.
- Place cinnamon sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll poppers in cinnamon sugar until well coated.
- Fully submerge the tip of the flavor injector tool in the pudding. Slowly pull back on the plunger to fill the cavity with pudding. Insert the tip of the injector into a popper and carefully fill with pudding. Repeat with remaining poppers and pudding.
- Cook's Note:
- Be sure to let the fried poppers dry on the rack briefly or the cinnamon sugar will get too wet and won't stick.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- The directions for making the pudding are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 95 calories; 3.5 g fat; 14.5 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 216 mg sodium. Full nutrition