Baked Eggplant with Garlic and Cheese
Ingredients35 m servings 146
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Turn off broiler and heat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange 1/2 of the eggplant slices in a single layer in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cilantro, garlic, and 1/2 cup Gouda cheese. Top with the remaining eggplant slices and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any cheese for this recipe.
Per Serving: 146 calories; 8.6 9.7 9.3 34 294 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I rarely try untested recipes but I thought I would give it a shot. My GF liked it and I thought it was pretty good. I found it a little bland and with the proper spices it could be kicked up ...
I made this following the recipe to the letter. It was delicious. It was easy and fast. A great snack. Now I have so many ideas to change it up a little.
IT IS DELICIOUS! YOU MUST TRY THIS AWESOME AND HEALTHY EGGPLANT DISH! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! ROSE MISHLER-MIAMI, FLORIDA P.S. IF YOU DON'T LIKE EGGPLANT...YOU WILL WITH THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE!!!
I read other reviews that claimed this was bland if additional spices weren't added, so I used some mixed up garlic salt, a dash of cayenne pepper, and some chicken seasoning. It turned out wel...