Singapore Beef Stir-Fry
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"A slightly sweet, aromatic noodle stir-fry of beef, baby corn, snap peas, and spinach that you will want to make again and again!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 516
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine white parts of the green onions, red chile pepper, green chile pepper, and garlic in a large bowl. Add dark soy sauce, 3 tablespoons walnut oil, and brown sugar; mix marinade well. Add beef to marinade, cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of 15 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles; cook until softened but still firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- Cook spinach in a separate pot of boiling, lightly salted water until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon walnut oil in a wok. Add green parts of the green onions, bell pepper, snow peas, baby corn, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce. Stir-fry until lightly browned, yet still crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the wok.
- Stir-fry noodles, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce in the same wok until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in the wok and stir-fry marinated beef and some of the sesame seeds in batches until fully cooked, 3 to 4 minutes. Add cooked vegetables back to the wok and stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Place a light layer of drained spinach over the noodles and pour stir-fry mixture on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I use the spinach water to boil the noodles to retain as much iron as possible.
Per Serving: 516 calories; 27.7 38.5 30.4 118 1127 Full nutrition