Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 257 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place eggplants in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and leave to drain for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Add onion, red bell pepper, and garlic; cook until onion is soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Pat the eggplant slices dry with paper towels and arrange in the prepared baking pan. Drop a teaspoonful of the tomato mixture onto each eggplant slice. Drizzle remaining olive oil over and around slices. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggplant slices are tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Garnish with pine nuts and cilantro leaves. Serve at room temperature.
Per Serving: 257 calories; 18.7 g fat; 21.5 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 147 mg sodium. Full nutrition