made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 273 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 12-inch pancake)
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a 12-inch oven-proof skillet over low heat, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Separate eggs, placing egg whites in a large bowl and egg yolks in a medium bowl. Add flour, milk, sugar, lemon juice, salt, baking soda, and vanilla extract to the bowl of yolks. Add 3 tablespoons melted butter; lightly mix into a slightly lumpy batter. Let batter rest while whipping egg whites.
- Whisk egg whites into stiff peaks using a wire whisk or electric mixer. Gently fold batter into the egg whites.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Pour in batter just before butter starts to brown. Cook until slightly set, 2 to 3 minutes. Drop in sliced strawberries until they are mostly submerged.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake souffle until top is light brown and center is set and doesn't jiggle when shaken, about 25 minutes. Broil until top is dark brown in color, about 2 minutes.
- Slide pancake onto a plate and sprinkle confectioners' sugar on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- The cook time of this depends on so many factors that I cannot accurately estimate time. It takes our oven about 25 minutes for the souffle to be done.
- Use blueberries or bananas instead of strawberries if preferred.
Per Serving: 273 calories; 13.1 g fat; 33.5 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 35 mg cholesterol; 705 mg sodium. Full nutrition