Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 162 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie shell)
- Place a medium bowl into freezer to chill.
- Wrap cubed butter in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour in a medium bowl; add salt and whisk to combine. Rub in cream cheese using clean fingers until mixture develops coarse crumbs. Place cream cheese mixture and chilled butter into a gallon-size resealable plastic bag.
- Flatten the cream cheese-butter mixture into thin flakes through the bag, using a rolling pin. Freeze until mixture is firm, about 10 minutes. Pour mixture into the chilled bowl. Sprinkle with water and vinegar, tossing lightly with a spatula. Knead until dough holds together and is slightly elastic.
- Place dough back into the plastic bag and flatten into a disk. Refrigerate, 45 minutes to overnight, before using.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use pastry flour in place of the all-purpose flour if preferred.
Per Serving: 162 calories; 11.3 g fat; 12.9 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 96 mg sodium. Full nutrition