Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 298
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with lightly buttered parchment paper. Lightly butter the sides of the pan.
- Place cream cheese, heavy cream, and butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Mix well, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until mixture is very creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Let cream cheese mixture cool over an ice water bath, about 10 minutes. Mix in egg yolks, flour, 1/2 the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl using an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, continuing to beat into stiff peaks.
- Whisk 1/3 of the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture until well blended. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites, 1/3 at a time. Do not overmix. Tightly wrap the bottom of the cake pan with aluminum foil. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Place the cake pan into a baking pan filled with boiling water to reach halfway up the cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 1 hour. Turn oven off and let cake cool inside, with the door closed to prevent cracking, about 1 hour.
You might also like
Per Serving: 298 calories; 19.3 24.9 6.3 163 172 Full nutrition