Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 576 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Slice chicken breast in half widthwise and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken lightly on both sides, about 2 minutes total. Add 1/2 cup broth, cover, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil and butter in a larger pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rice and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in 1/2 cup broth until absorbed, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of hot sauce. Repeat this process 6 more times, adding hot sauce every other time, until liquid is mostly absorbed and rice is tender yet firm to the bite, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- While rice is cooking, transfer chicken to a cutting board and reserve the broth. Shred or cut chicken into small pieces. Combine reserved broth with blue cheese dressing and stir mixture into the rice as the last addition of broth; cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken to the rice and stir. Remove from heat. Add celery and stir.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 1 to 2 meaty chicken thighs in place of the chicken breast if you prefer.
Per Serving: 576 calories; 22.3 g fat; 73.1 g carbohydrates; 18.9 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 1614 mg sodium. Full nutrition