Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Balls
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 207
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 balls)
- Melt coconut oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add rice flour; cook and stir until toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chocolate and stir until just melted. Remove from heat.
- Place sesame seeds in a small soup bowl.
- Place almond butter, hemp seeds, cocoa powder, protein powder, honey, and salt in another bowl. Stir with a stiff silicone spatula. Add the rice flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Measure out about 16 balls using a small ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons. Roll between palms to shape balls; roll in the bowl of sesame seeds to coat. Roll again to secure the seeds. Place balls in a baking dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 4 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Wheat germ, chia seeds, or flax seeds can be substituted for hemp seed. Nonfat milk powder can be substituted for whey protein powder.
- Coconut oil and baking chocolate are used to firm consistency when chilled. Feel free to use chocolate chips.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 16.1 11.9 7.2 < 1 121 Full nutrition