Chipotle Southwest Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 215
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cups)
- Press chipotle chiles through a fine mesh strainer over a bowl, using a spoon or spatula. Discard the skin, veins, and seeds. Mix the pulp with mayonnaise, lime juice, and salt in a large bowl for the dressing.
- Place corn in a pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until heated through and tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, black beans, chicken, bell peppers, onion, and cilantro in the bowl with the dressing. Mix in the cooled corn. Top with Cheddar cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to replace the mayonnaise with creamy salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip®).
- If you prefer a much spicier dish, dice some or all of the chipotle peppers and add them (with or without seeds depending on how much heat you like) and the adobo sauce to the mayonnaise mixture. The more seeds and adobo sauce you add, the spicier this recipe becomes.
- Substitute white beans for the black beans if desired.
Per Serving: 215 calories; 12.6 11.8 14.4 39 443 Full nutrition