Ingredients1 h servings 613 cals
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually pour in milk, whisking constantly the entire time to avoid lumps from forming. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese. Add lemon juice, mustard powder, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Drain fusilli and fold into the sauce. Mix in tuna. Pour mixture into an 8-inch casserole dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 613 calories; 24.7 g fat; 47.6 g carbohydrates; 49.3 g protein; 101 mg cholesterol; 498 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I had a huge craving for a traditional tuna casserole. This worked perfectly. If I make it again I will definitely add lots more cheese to the sauce and use half & half instead of milk. It could...
This was good! Could use a little more cheese in the sauce and top. Otherwise this is a great recipe!
I made this for dinner tonight and it was pretty good. I followed the recipe exactly and it was very filling. Thank you for sharing. I think the only thing I would change next time is maybe spic...
The Only Ingredient I ommitted was The Mustard Powder. I didn't have it. It was Still Delicious and Super Easy to Make ! Served with a Salad and Applesauce on The Side. It was Great !