Tuna Noodle Casserole with Mushrooms
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"If you're looking for a tuna noodle casserole, try this easy recipe with fresh mushrooms, peas, and corn. You can use any kind of pasta or cheese you like. I tend to serve this with a salad and maybe some garlic bread."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 502
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms and onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Add peas and corn. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add tuna and 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese and mix to combine.
- Drain penne and fold into the sauce. Spread in a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and the top is golden, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I sometimes mix a packet of crushed salted chips with the cheese to go on top (you may not need all of the bag). This adds a nice crunch to the top.
Per Serving: 502 calories; 15.8 58.6 33 58 278 Full nutrition