Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage and Squash Boats
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 528 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 squash boats)
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and strings.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, arrange two squash halves, cut sides down; add in 2 tablespoons of the water. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave 7 to 10 minutes or until squash is just tender; keep warm. Repeat with the remaining squash halves.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 6 minutes or until browned, adding rice, 1/2 cup of the cheese, sage, thyme, and black pepper in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- To serve, fill squash halves with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Cook's Note:
- Select squashes up to 1 1/4-pounds in weight.
Per Serving: 528 calories; 33 g fat; 37.4 g carbohydrates; 20.8 g protein; 73 mg cholesterol; 1115 mg sodium. Full nutrition