Ingredients1 h servings 191
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, potatoes, cheese, red pepper, green onion, chopped oregano, salt, and black pepper. Divide mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk to combine. Slowly pour egg mixture over sausage mixture in the muffin cups. Cups will be full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and set. Remove and let cool in cups on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides and remove from cups. Serve warm, garnished with additional oregano, if desired.
- Cook's Note:
- You should end up with about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Substitute Monterey Jack cheese for the Gouda cheese, if desired.
Per Serving: 191 calories; 15 4.9 10 150 424 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I should have used a 16oz pkg of sausage. It needed a little more. Don't skip the oregano. I used 1 tea of dry. Didn't have fresh oregano.
Recipe has too much sausage in it. I used only half. Recipe made 18 muffins instead of 12.
Made a double batch of these and froze them in batches of two. Quick and easy to prepare for breakfast. My husband and I love the flavor.