Linguine with Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage and Greens
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 663 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, lemon zest, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, cook linguine in a large amount of boiling salted water according to package directions, about 11 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Return linguine to Dutch oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned, adding garlic in the last minute of cooking.
- Pour egg yolk mixture over linguine in Dutch oven. Add sausage and spinach; toss to coat. The heat from the pan and the linguine cooks and thickens the egg yolk, making a silky sauce. If needed, stir in enough reserved pasta cooking water to reach desired consistency. Toss with parsley.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute half-and-half for the whole milk.
- Feel free to use kale or mustard greens in addition to, or in place of, the spinach.
Per Serving: 663 calories; 38.2 g fat; 50.1 g carbohydrates; 28.4 g protein; 279 mg cholesterol; 1057 mg sodium. Full nutrition