Ingredients50 m servings 663
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, lemon zest, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, cook linguine in a large amount of boiling salted water according to package directions, about 11 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Return linguine to Dutch oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned, adding garlic in the last minute of cooking.
- Pour egg yolk mixture over linguine in Dutch oven. Add sausage and spinach; toss to coat. The heat from the pan and the linguine cooks and thickens the egg yolk, making a silky sauce. If needed, stir in enough reserved pasta cooking water to reach desired consistency. Toss with parsley.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute half-and-half for the whole milk.
- Feel free to use kale or mustard greens in addition to, or in place of, the spinach.
Per Serving: 663 calories; 38.2 50.1 28.4 279 1057 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is a fantastic recipe. I made a few minor modifications. I used half-n-half in place of the milk, kale in place of the spinach, lots more garlic, added about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of diced onion ...
I made this according the recipe except for adding more garlic (I always do). This was very flavorful but I think would like it better with crumbled Italian sausage as the kielbasa was a little...