Easy Overnight Blueberry French Toast
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 45 m servings 286 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 3-quart baking dish)
- Arrange bread slices on a cooling rack and allow to dry at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, maple syrup, and cinnamon with a mixer until smooth. Fold in 2 cups blueberries.
- Arrange 4 slices of bread in prepared dish; spread cream cheese mixture over bread. Top with remaining bread.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together half-and-half, eggs, and vanilla. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake French toast, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes more, or until top is golden brown.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. If desired, top with additional berries and confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can easily substitute milk for the half-and-half.
- You can substitute more maple syrup for the confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Per Serving: 286 calories; 13.7 g fat; 35.2 g carbohydrates; 8.1 g protein; 102 mg cholesterol; 297 mg sodium. Full nutrition