Ingredients9 h 45 m servings 286
- Arrange bread slices on a cooling rack and allow to dry at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, maple syrup, and cinnamon with a mixer until smooth. Fold in 2 cups blueberries.
- Arrange 4 slices of bread in prepared dish; spread cream cheese mixture over bread. Top with remaining bread.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together half-and-half, eggs, and vanilla. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake French toast, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes more, or until top is golden brown.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. If desired, top with additional berries and confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can easily substitute milk for the half-and-half.
- You can substitute more maple syrup for the confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Per Serving: 286 calories; 13.7 35.2 8.1 102 297 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
10/10 the best french toast I've ever eaten in my life. I used brioche bread, delicious!!
Used milk. Liked it but there was too much cream cheese filling for me.would reduce amount and make it less rich. Refrigerated left over and reheated next day. Very good
It was very good. Straight forward to make. Everyone liked it. Tooks a little bit longer to brown the top than suggested. Maybe a bit more cinnamon next time to bring that flavor forward.