Avocado-Egg in a Hole
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 324 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 slices)
- Cut a 2x3-inch oval out of the center of each slice of bread. Reserve the bread centers for another use.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bread to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, about 2 minutes, or until the bottom of the bread is golden brown. Carefully flip bread slices.
- Arrange 2 avocado slices on the perimeter of the hole in each bread slice. Break eggs into a custard cup, 1 at a time, then slip the egg into the center of each circle. Season eggs with salt and ground black pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle Gruyere cheese on over toast and eggs. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more or until egg is desired doneness and cheese is melted.
- If desired, sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- Reserve bread centers for croutons, bread pudding, or process to make breadcrumbs.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of bread. The actual amount of bread consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 20.5 g fat; 23.2 g carbohydrates; 14.2 g protein; 217 mg cholesterol; 516 mg sodium. Full nutrition