Vegetarian Italian Pasta Salad with Arugula
made it | 0 reviews |
"This Italian pasta salad features all the caprese ingredients and then some - mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, plus artichoke hearts and arugula. The arugula adds great color and freshness to the salad. I love to make it for a barbeque or as a cold lunch on a hot day."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 407 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing while penne is cooking. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup in a small bowl until well combined. Stir in grated garlic. Mix in mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain penne and transfer to a large bowl. Mix in 1/2 of the dressing. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Mix tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mozzarella cheese, and basil into the penne. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Mix in remaining dressing and arugula right before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any kind of pasta shape for this salad.
- The pasta salad can chill longer as well, just make sure you don't mix in the arugula until right before serving. Otherwise it will wilt.
Per Serving: 407 calories; 12.8 g fat; 58.1 g carbohydrates; 17.5 g protein; 18 mg cholesterol; 580 mg sodium. Full nutrition