Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 234
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Select Saute function and adjust the setting to low. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Add onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning to the pot and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Turn Saute function off.
- Select Saute function again and adjust the setting to high heat. Saute for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, stirring infrequently to allow brown bits to form on the bottom of the pot. Pour in red wine to deglaze. Add both tomatoes and browned beef mixture; stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Release any additional pressure carefully using the quick-release method, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Add lemon juice and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 1 tablespoon each basil, oregano, parsley, and a pinch of red pepper flakes if you don't have the Italian seasoning.
Per Serving: 234 calories; 11 17.3 16.9 44 758 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Now, isn’t this a smart recipe! No more stirring every five minutes. No more splatters to clean up. I used a traditional pressure cooker and after 15 minutes it was thick enough for pasta. I use...