Leek Casserole with Meat and Potatoes
made it | 0 reviews |
"I prefer to use a mixture of ground beef and ground pork for this easy casserole with lots of leeks, potatoes, tomatoes, and cheese. I often make it in advance up until the final cheese stage. Just cover and refrigerate and then when you're ready to bake it, sprinkle with cheese and throw it into the oven."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 459 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook potatoes until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a second pot of water to a boil and cook leeks until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook and stir beef, pork, curry, thyme, salt, and pepper until browned and crumbly, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish with butter.
- Spread ground meat mixture in the casserole dish. Layer potatoes slices on top. Distribute tomatoes over potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Layer leeks on top and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use canned tomatoes. I usually use whole tomatoes and then chop them roughly before using. You can also season the tomatoes with additional spices when they are being layered into the casserole.
- Any type of grated cheese will work. I have also used Gouda, Emmental, or Gruyere cheese.
Per Serving: 459 calories; 18.8 g fat; 52.7 g carbohydrates; 22.8 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 230 mg sodium. Full nutrition