Japanese Agedashi Tofu
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 191
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the block of tofu between sheets of paper towels. Set a plate on top; add a 3- to 5-pound weight to the plate. Press tofu for 15 minutes; drain and discard the accumulated liquid.
- Meanwhile, combine water, soy sauce, mirin, and dashi in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove weight, plate, and paper towels. Cut tofu into 3/4-inch cubes. Place flour in a bowl and lightly coat tofu with flour.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot and fry tofu until golden-brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Fry in batches if necessary so as not to overcrowd the pot. Place fried tofu in a serving dish and pour sauce on top. Sprinkle with green onions.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 191 calories; 13.1 10.7 6.2 0 478 Full nutrition