3-Ingredient Lemon Scones
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 190 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray; lightly dust with flour.
- Sift self-rising flour into a large bowl. Combine lemon soda and cream and pour over the flour. Mix until dough is just combined. Turn dough out onto the prepared baking sheet. Flour your hands and gently pat dough into a large rectangle. Do not overwork the dough. Cut into triangles or squares.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The lemon soda adds a lot of air to the mixture. If you handle the dough too much, that airiness will be lost and the scones won't rise well.
- To make a lower-calorie version, substitute plain soda water for the lemon-flavored one.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 7.7 g fat; 26.4 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 404 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1