Rich Vegan Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 309
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour rice milk over the rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add coconut milk, soy creamer, sugar, and cardamom. Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to low once again and simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in raisins and pistachios. Adjust flavoring and sugar to desired strength and serve hot or cold.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use pre-cooked rice if you prefer.
- You can substitute pistachios for almonds.
Per Serving: 309 calories; 11.3 48.8 5.2 0 57 Full nutrition