Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 176
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch pan)
- Mix agar-agar into 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Bring sugar and 3/4 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Do not stir once syrup begins to boil. Heat to 238 degrees F (114 degrees C) or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from water and placed on a flat surface. Remove from heat and add the agar-agar. Pour syrup into a glass bowl; let cool briefly.
- Beat the syrup using an electric mixer until thick and white. Mix in vanilla extract and salt until the marshmallow mixture is combined.
- Mix 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and cornstarch together; spread over the bottom of a 9-inch baking pan. Pour the marshmallow mixture on top; let stand until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Cut into square marshmallows using a wet knife. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- To make marshmallow cream: Gently heat 16 ounces of the prepared marshmallows plus 1/4 cup corn syrup in a double boiler, stirring constantly.
Per Serving: 176 calories; 0 45.1 0 0 59 Full nutrition