Vegan Pasilla Enchiladas with Avocado and TVP
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Vegans aren't limited to black bean or sweet potato filling in their enchiladas. Try experimenting with TVP, a really versatile ingredient. Simply dehydrated soy vegetable protein, TVP is full of plant protein and completely meat free! Using pasilla chile sauce to rehydrate the TVP rather than the standard warm water or broth kicks these enchiladas up a few notches!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 224
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 enchiladas)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray the bottom of a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir 3/4 cup pasilla sauce, water, aminos, garlic powder, onion powder, and browning sauce together in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 1 minute. Pour in TVP. Stir gently and let sit until TVP has softened and absorbed all the liquid.
- Pour coconut creamer in the bottle with the remaining pasilla sauce; add nutritional yeast. Cover with the lid and shake well to make the crema. Pour a few tablespoons of the crema over the bottom of the prepared baking dish; swirl the dish to coat the bottom.
- Cut avocado into at least 12 slices. Stir vegan cheese and 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast in with the TVP. Spoon TVP mixture onto a warm tortilla; add 1 slice of avocado. Roll up the tortilla and arrange in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas. Pour remaining crema on top. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until enchiladas are heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Textured vegetable protein (TVP) is a vegan/vegetarian meat substitute. You will find it in the bulk section of some big chain natural supermarkets or by the dry grains. It will be dry (dehydrated) and before adding it to enchiladas or tacos, you have to season and rehydrate it with warm liquid, which is the first step of this recipe.
- Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup of vegan mozzarella cheese before baking, if you like.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 6.5 23.6 20.4 0 457 Full nutrition