Quick Vegan Veggie Sandwich
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is one of those great, fridge-cleaning recipes... use what you have! My version calls for peppers, onions, tomatoes, hummus, and soy mayo on bread, but it is very versatile and can be easily personalized to your taste. You can easily vary the veggies, the kind of bread, or add spices and still be successful!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 293
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 sandwich)
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add tomato, bell pepper, and onion. Cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- While vegetables are cooking, toast bread slices. Spread hummus onto 1 slice. Spread vegan mayonnaise on the other and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Layer sun-dried tomatoes, lettuce, and cooked vegetables onto 1 slice and top with the remaining slice. Cut sandwich in half.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a fat-free substitute for olive oil, try tarragon vinegar.
- Use any variety of hummus you prefer; I like roasted red pepper.
- For a spicy kick, add some cayenne pepper when you are coking the vegetables.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 12.3 38.2 10.7 0 661 Full nutrition